WEB 2.0

Posted by nel under
Today we have an Elective lecture, a continuation from the previous one we had last month. The professor is from the States! I'm so happy because this is the second time we have lectures with English native speakers whom you could understand so well. So today we skipped on listening t words such as 'muntains' = mountains, 'bitches' = beaches 'sky-ing' = skiing hahaha.. Barb was asking me on YM because I log on during the lecture via wireless. She asked 'apa tu muntains?' hahahaha.....Anyway although the pronunciation was not that good but I like the professor for that particular lecture - Cultural History. Btw the lecture today was about WEB 2.0. We were looking on specifically how the modern technologies can be applied for museums or cultural heritage institution websites, so that visitors would benefit much by browsing the websites etc....

We have had this kind of lecture last week on New Media Communication for Tourism but nobody understood it well. It was delivered by the assistant professor and as usual he couldn't do it nicely, I guess it's mainly because of language barrier! He couldn't give the answer to the question asked by one of our classmates about RSS Feeds. He was like going from one round about to another or touring the whole Europe then come back to Switzerland but the answers were not given. Then actually this morning we had a Lab session with him about our second Group Project for New Media but I decided to skip that since I wanted to go for the elective lecture. Our classes were clashed with one another. So I bet I made the right decision not to attend his Lab :p

After the class I went home and wanted to do some research for my assignment for the Tech. Comm. For Cultural Heritage. We were assigned to find a website of Museums or Cultural Institutions which is using any of the element of the WEB 2.0. While browsing the websites, I chatted with Gurangak :D I thought of taking the website for Muzium Negara, K.L, as an example unfortunately there was nothing much you can find there. Finally I managed to find a good website which depicted some of the elements of the WEB 2.0 (e.g Podcast/Videocast/RSS Feeds), which is Museum of Science, Boston. So Gurangak and I continued our chat and at the same time we were exchanging the Youtube URL on funny videos. I was laughing like mad as if I was crying as I had my tears running hahahaha...Mulau ko jems!

It happened in the class too...between Salma and I. There's a new lady in our class for today as she wasn't there during the first class last month. She has a very fierce look and not so friendly. I smiled at her and she just stared at me fiercely. Maybe that's her nature but it's scary! Even 'Scary Movie' is not that scary! hahaha... So I told Salma by writing on a piece of paper that the lady looked as if she's lost and also very fierce! Everytime people talked she would stared at the person as if she wanted to eat. Then I added --->she is very 'kurios' (curious) as what the other prof used to pronounce :p (I started to get use to it now anyhow :P) Then Salma replied 'She comes from the muntains'! When I read this, I wanted to laugh but couldn't and it hurts me much because I have to hold my breath!!! so that I wouldn't be laughing crazily hahahahaha...S alma and I couldn't look each other otherwise we would burst into laughing out loud and it could implied a bad impression because at the time the Prof was talking! hahahaha....

Anyway for further info on WEB 2.0, watch this video:



0 comments: