Lugano EstivalJazz

Posted by nel under
The Lugano EstivalJazz is an annual event held in Lugano - open space free concert. For this summer, the event has started last nite for 3 consecutive days. Last nite's show was damn good. The rains didn't deter the crowd at all to go into the hype of the show. The concert started at 8.45pm but we arrived at 9.45pm. I didn't check the event calendar of Lugano - which in fact a small booklet was sent to all residence in Lugano. Salma sent an sms informing me about the event. I missed the bus to town centre as I was earlier on doing something else and I didn't realize it was already 9pm. So I hurried to take my shower, ran to the bus stop but unfortunately I could only see the bus passed me by lol. So I walked to the center - 15 minutes.

There was a big crowd at Piazza della Riforma - some were drunk already. So we walked around, to buy some food for dinner. Ended up, we ate burger from Burger King lol. It was then the rains started to pour. Luckily I brought an umbrella with me. When we reached the center, there was this african group of singers I guess, performing on stage. Later after eating, we had Roger Hodgson (Supertramp). I didn't know actually who is this singer and his previous group - Supertramp. Salma said to me you must know them, if you don't I will kill you! hahahaha... I said, I don't know who is Supertramp. Anyway when the second song was rendered, I screamed out loud because the song was so familiar..I ever heard of it hahahaha...

This has been always my problem - usually I know the songs but do not recognize the singers!!! hahaha... Roger Hodgson did an amazing show last nite. The crowds couldn't get enough. After he finished, the crowds started to shout his names to ask for more hehehe...So he did one song and went off. Still the crowds (including us) need more hahaha....then he came out again for another song and about to leave but still the crowds were in euphoric mood hahaha...So he concluded his show with the song the sang earlier on (which made me screamed as I know the song hahaha).. Give a little bit.








After the show, we went to backstage...hoping to get some snaps of him. Unfortunately he was already ushered into the car. I managed to take his photo while he was inside hahahaha.... I am not a fan of him, but I guess to meet a superstar like him would be a good memory. Unfortunately we couldn't meet and take photos with him hehehe.... but Salma and I managed to take a snap with his 'assistance' who played the trumpet/saxophone and other instruments during the show..

There was still a Brazilian group performing right after Roger's. We stayed for a while but the music was not so good and rain was getting more and more. So we left at 1.30am. The concert ended in the morning I guess, maybe 3am or 4am hehehe.. We walked back home slowly as there was not more bus service. It was really a good show :D

Btw I have my own good news. I got the result of my exam for Destination Management. In my previous entry I wrote that I might fail the exam and would probably repeat it in September. The exam was so difficult and I didn't manage to write well on the second part of the question. I just managed to write some points without further elaboration due to time constraint. Well, I was overjoyed to check that I got 9.5 out 10...hahahaha... I told Salma and another friend and asked them to check as I believe they would obtain 10 as they finished both questions well. Indeed both of them got 10! We were so happy!!!! We have another 2 more papers pending for result...I hope I will pass these 2 exams too. Fingers crossed!!

So tonight will be another celebration at Piazza della Riforma hehehe... In fact throughout the summer season, there are a lot of concerts, theater, festivals around Switzerland. There are open air movies in Lugano too, I guess until end of this month or end of August. There will be concerts in Locarno (1 hour drive from Lugano) in 2 weeks time and some of the performers will be James Blunt (15/7), Alicia Keys (16/7), Lenny Kravitz (17/7) and REM (18/7). I might be going for Alicia Keys or Lenny Kravitz. In fact I like the 4 of them but the tickets were so expensive for each concert as they will not perform together for one concert.

Anyway let's see....and I am really enjoying my summer in Switzerland/Europe :D

So Supertramp song to refresh your mind in case you have the same problem as mine hahahaha...(I did record one song last nite but too lazy to upload :p) hehehe...




0 comments: