what a life!

Posted by nel under
Ever since I arrived here, ppl back home was asking me whether have I eaten rice :) Suda bah jg... import khas dari Tenom lagi tu haha. I brought some with me but actually the supermarket accross my apartment is selling Thai Rice too. Other than that, I haven't found yet a complete oriental shop. Blm adjust lagi mau makan pasta ni :p One thing for sure meat is damn expensive over here. So that's why I mistakenly bought a turkey meat instead of chicken hahaha because it's a bit cheaper for turkey rather than chicken. Non importa! I can cook by myself although for the past 12 days of my arrival, I've been eating rice with fried eggs or eggs with soup or eggs with maggie mee. Only yesterday I cooked chicken curry (instant curry paste of Brahim) ...ni lagi satu, manasal x bawa byk2 tu paste....aisehman ada hati lg mau bawa byk, suda la barang that day pun 56kg!

Yeah one thing about shopping, normally there'll be no plastic bag provided unlikely in our country. You may put one item in one plastic bag without problem. Everytime I went to do some groceries shopping at the supermarket nearby, I forgot to bring a shopping bag. Turun ja pigi bawa turus kaka limpas jln mo shopping. Siok2 shopping, byr bil di kaunter baru ingat teda bawa plastik bag... jadi apalagi, dukung semua tu barang2 hahahaha nasib lagi dkt ja sama rumah...deiii dogo btl. We're so pampered back home, which everything is provided for so we tend to be ignorance about all these kind of things!

Ok about my apartment, it's only one studio apartment-furnished (except cooking utensil and crockeries). This reminds me my cooking utensils and crockeries back home. One week of my arrival I couldn't find plates so I have to eat using paper plates...punya kasian. For my maggie, I use my tupperware..nsb baik bawa fork/spoon and container. Klu tidak, makan pakai jari dlm rice cooker mangkali hahaha. Luckily I brought along my small rice cooker although I saw most of department stores or electrical shops are selling it. So my dear friends, please bring along your own plates, cups, forks/spoon if you are coming over to visit me in Lugano. I just have for myself only! hahahaha..... Mahal jga piring2 sini ni, tiba2 sia teingat kadai RM2 di tmpt kita yg berlambak tu :p I bought my frying pan pun mahal ..err sbb salah ambil hahaha... sia nmpk CHF17 for 2 jadi sia blng ni murah ni baik ambil...tau2 silap...silakak ni laini xtau bahasa...rupanya CHF39.90...adeiii mau tidak mau byr ja...nsb ada duit masa tu :p

Btw, my apartment costs me CHF665 monthly, I guess the cheapest I have found so far. Ini pun klu ramai urg dtg, bertindih-tindih la mangkali tidur mcm sandwich hahaha. Housing is very expensive in Switzerland but I have no choice. (ingatkan elaun pun naik jg utk study di europe dlm budget 2008 :p isk) I need to secure a place before arrival and luckily I managed to get after 5-6 months of my quest. Getting a place to stay prior to arrival is crucial. The contract or tenancy agreement is needed when applying for student permit and also when reporting to the Police Station. Also maybe banks want to have a look too when opening an account. Yg ni lagi satu, the other day I enquired about opening a bank account here. Students' accounts are up to 30 years of age only. Klu lebih umur, terpaksa buka personal account but you have to have monthly CHF10k in your account otherwise there'll be a fee of CHF7 charged to you monthly. Tu pegawai kestau, dia bilang abis di sini ni umur 30 suda abis bljr..silaka hahaha...nasib baik insom kaka....sukati sia la mo study smpi umur pencen pun kan muahahaha....Ok back to housing/accommodation, in fact it's cheaper to rent with friends but I do not know anybody here yet. I haven't met my classmates either as classes will only commence on 17th Sept. Jadi student balik pula saya :p

Anyway it's still in summer season now. Wheather is so fine with temperature ranging from 20-26 deg celsius every day. It's hot but dry compare to our country which is hot and humid. This made my skin flaky! Balik2 tukar shower bath suda tp masih jg mcm tu...mcm ada sisik ikan pulok! I told my friend while chatting on YM that my skin is flaky mcm ada sisik ikan, mentang2lah tepi lake... and he replied, jadi ko ingat ko tu mermaid, perasan! hahahaha..cissss....

Ok, I think it's enough for now... panat pulok menaip smbl tiarap atas katil sbb the only spot I can get internet connection for free is on my bed hahaha... so here's my apartment/room:

Kitchen...ada tuuuuu nah sia pny rice cooker yg kici..ngam2 utk satu kali makan ja haha...tu meja di tgh2 kana taruh tp sia ubah pigi dinding...

Shower

sink/washing area...di toilet laini

ini elevator...pelik ja...buka mcm pintu rumah...2 tu elevator..tiap satu muat 3 urg ja :D klu basar bdn mcm si bambarayon tu mangkali dia ja sturang di dlm hahahaha....

the building of my apartment....
ni la bilik sia...baru2 smpi turus mcm sakai ambik gambar guna hp tulah kabur hahaha...
the kitchen and refrigerator (the white one)..sia x masak pakai tu stove, mcm x function ja atau sia yg xtau guna ekekeke...sia p beli induction cooker :p antam la ..karan suda masuk jg.... (lupa pula buka tu cabinet di atas yg byk maggie tu :p)

0 comments: