This post should have been posted on 16 Feb 2008 but I was so busy making preparation for my trip to Lucca, Tuscany, Italy so it was stored as draft fro quite a long time. I couldn't access to internet frequently due to the tight schedule of my lecture (9am-4pm) everyday, for 2 weeks!! I have gone through 1 week lecture and will be back to Lugano on 29 Feb. Also there is no 'free' internet connection at the hostel we're staying so now I am at internet point :p We are allowed to use the lab at the campus but due to time constraint, I could just check my email and sometimes unable to reply it directly.
Btw I am now in Lucca, Tuscany. Have visited Pisa and Florence :D Will write about it soon (I hope so hehehe....)
Anyway, here is my story to two of the Scandinavian countries: Helsinki & Stockholm

Ok...this is my journal (ala-ala travel and living on Astro or Anthony Bourdain la kan hahaha) :p

6th Feb: My flight to Finland was 1300hrs from Zurich Airport. I departed from Lugano by train, at 0809hours and reached the Airport around 1115hours. So ample time to walk around the airport after checking in. I took Blue1 airlines, the no-frills airlines (mcm Airasia)...there was no food served but you have to buy. I could get even cheaper flight but I was a bit late of booking it as earlier I have no plan to travel during the 2 weeks break. Most of my friends would be away so I thought, what would I do in Lugano? I didn't even have much money (always) but I would never have enough all this while too...then if I wait until I have a lottttttttt of money, I wouldn't know when that time would be. So, the solution...I should have travelled!!! (despite the delay of my monthly allowance :p)

After lunch at the airport (sweet and sour chicken with rice at CHF17...gila...asian stall) so I went in for boarding. It was still early but well it's not harm to go in early. It was the first time in my life where I was 'body-searched-scanned' like a terrorist :p The alarm went off at the time I passed through the control system and I was required to move aside. Then I was scanned (not only with the hand of the lady officer was all over my body but with an additional of a scanning device was put all over the body :p) Then I was requested to take my shoes off... anyway I was wearing my boots and it has a kind of metal clip attached to it. That was why the scanning device beeped when it touched the metal clip. The officer then took my boots for scanning. She said, I must take it off and put it on the conveyor belt together with the bags etc for scanning. I was almost bare-footed if I didn't wear socks! Gila eh.....Anyway, I reached Helsinki at 1700hrs (Finland is 1 hour ahead of Switzerland). I dozed off all the way from Zurich to Helsinki; too damn exhausted after not having enough sleep and rest to catch the dateline for the assignment on 5th Feb. What irritated me most during the flight, the 3 passengers at the back. There were so noisy, and was doing something on the laptop. I wanted to lean the chair but the person behind was making noise as it interrupted his/her work on the laptop...sialan.... and what even irritated and humiliated me they could even ask the stewardess if there was a vacant seat at the front row and if there was a vacant seat I could move there and sleep!!! The stewardess told me that but I just kept quiet.....Mcm la sia x byr tiket ...cilakak!!!

Finally reached my friend's house. We had dinner, which was chicken, kailan - Malaysian style. We had sambal udang too...alamakkkkkk....sedaaaappppppp.... we have bambangan too :D.

7th Feb: We had salmon for our lunch which my friend's hubby cooked. Sedappppp.....and after lunch, my friend and I went to town center. It was raining, Helsinki was all wet. We went around the town but I didn't buy anything except the cruise ticket with the Viking Line, from Helsinki to Stockholm. At 4.30pm we went home after picking up my friend's son from the kindergarten.

8th Feb: Morning we went to Asian Market and bought ubi kayu. My friend wanted to make a traditional Sabahan delicacy which we called it PAGAU in Murut :D Wah ...terasa mcm di kampung bila makan pagau oh...uwaaaaaaaaaa.....tiba2 mau balik Sabah pula ni...At 4.30pm went to a Malaysian's house for CNY dinner. She's working at the Embassy, married to a Finnish with a pair of lovely kids. We spent few hours there and left home. We ate curry fish, tom yam soup and other msian dishes.

9th Feb: My friend and I went to town again. I bought my mini skirt:D Wah pakai mini skirt oh skrg..ceh...but I wear it with a black tights and with my boots...cehhh....bagaya la kunun :p but I like it. I can only wear like that here especially with the boots..klu di Malaysia mcm mana mau pakai boots?? muahahaha....

10th Feb: We had lunch with the Finnish meal. So it was my first time eating grilled moose or elk? well..it was so delicious...hehehe... after the lunch, I was so sleepy and went to bed for about 1 and half hours....ishhh...tidurrrr saja....

11th Feb: My cruise to Stockholm at 1730hours. Reached Stockholm at 9.40am on 12 Feb. I stayed there until 14 Feb. Met some Sabahans whom I've never met in Malaysia...hahaha...but it was so nice experience meeting ppl from the same place you come from while overseas. I ate char kueh teow and other Malaysian food. Went around Stockholm, visited two museums: Alfred Nobel Museum and Vasa Museum (the sinking ship). I stayed at two different places hehehe...
I will upload photos soon...sebelum bangas! hahahaha.....

0 comments: