It's hard to forget how delicious nasi lemak is....difficult....I kept on thinking...aisehman...(mcm pula mengidam ni hahaha) really fell in love with nasi lemak...eat nasi lemak, drink nasi lemak , sleep nasi lemak!! So this afternoon I decided to explore Lugano, to find out where the Asian market is located. I asked a friend in Malaysia, Ann (she has spent two months in Lugano last year, attending a training organised by her employer). She knew where the market is so with the info I got from her, I boarded on the bus and started my 'exploration'. I stopped at Santa Birgitta bus stop as mentioned by Ann. I walked around but couldn't find. I sent few SMS's to Ann and followed the indication she gave. I had no idea actually as there was no sign of shops in that area..so belasah ja la... Just followed my conscience, then I turned left, right in front of me is the shop!!
I rushed in and found some stuff...felt like crying when I saw the stuff I wanted to buy. Most of them are Thai, Vietnam and Hong Kong food stuff. Some Msian too..from Penang :D Never encountered the curry sachets from Penang in Malaysia but in Lugano...:p Anyway I started to shop - walking around the racks several times..pusing byk kali :p. Too thoroughly hahaha....I wanted to buy anchovies and I found it. Too ecstatic until I shopped to the verge of lupa diri hahaha... I took whatever things I wanted, even was about to buy chopsticks!!! Wakakaka...but I said to myself, all this while I could still eat well even without chopsticks...so I put it back (Luckily I was still a bit conscious :p). I wanted to get belacan...and was trying harder to remember what belacan in English. I was so eager to find out from the shop owner but I couldn't speak Italian well :(( So while walking around several times at the rack area, I accidentally spotted shrimp paste!!! Automatically I knew it's belacan muahahahaha....nasib baik betul oh!!
After I have satisfied with my shopping, then only I went up to the cashier. Now, I was praying the total of the food I am about to buy won't exceed CHF100 because I only have that cash with me. I usually do not bring lots of cash (there's not much cash to bring around either:p). Normally I would pay by the cash card cum debit cash. Even the price is less than CHF10, I'd rather pay by the debit card. Convenient and easier! but it could be inconvenient if you forget the card which had happened to me before. I was already at the cashier, wanted to pay the things I bought when only I realized the my card was not with me and I didn't have enough CHF cash! Thank God, I have some balance of Euro notes with me from the last trip to Tuscanywith I managed to pay at last!
Well...luckily the stuff I bought were CHF73.95. Phewww... I have enough money :p I was given an empty box to keep the things I bought...there were too many hahaha...I bought with me, belacan, santan powder, oyster sauce, tofu, cili kering, ikan bilis, kangkung, petai, daun pisang (I never bought petai dan daun pisang before in Malaysia haha), curry sachets, ground peanuts, grass jelly (suddenly I wanted to drink 'leong fun susu'), fried onion, ikan masin. keropok udang, rendang paste (from Penang), lengkuas (hahaha...what am I going to do with it...I was thinking to cook something with lengkuas so that was why I bought it but not sure what recipe :p), serai, pandan leaves, 'hamchoi' (betul ka ni spelling...sayur masin :p) and guess what, I even bought korean noodles muahahaha....(I thought I bought tamarind but it was not in the box..lucky enough I have at home). Btw, the reason of buying daun pisang is for the lepat ubi or what Murut call as pagau eekekeke...:p I saw tapioca in Coop, the supermarket in front of my house. I'm gonna get it soon...but I have to get a grater too to grate the ubi kayu!
Finally....I made my nasi lemak yey!!! :D The sambal ikan bilis was not that great (was copying recipe from internet for this - which made me very the hampas haha) but at last I have fulfilled the craving the need to eat nasi lemak so badly :p. I made my sambal ikan bilis with petai..muahahaha...the whole house was full of belacan and petai smell...My air freshener couldn't beat it. I have to use a another spray air freshener! Anyway...I am now content!!! Totally content :D I took for granted while in Malaysia as every time there was the need to have nasi lemak, mamak stall would be the best place...never bother to cook! Now being far away from home 'bekakai' masak sendiri....uwaaaa.......
I rushed in and found some stuff...felt like crying when I saw the stuff I wanted to buy. Most of them are Thai, Vietnam and Hong Kong food stuff. Some Msian too..from Penang :D Never encountered the curry sachets from Penang in Malaysia but in Lugano...:p Anyway I started to shop - walking around the racks several times..pusing byk kali :p. Too thoroughly hahaha....I wanted to buy anchovies and I found it. Too ecstatic until I shopped to the verge of lupa diri hahaha... I took whatever things I wanted, even was about to buy chopsticks!!! Wakakaka...but I said to myself, all this while I could still eat well even without chopsticks...so I put it back (Luckily I was still a bit conscious :p). I wanted to get belacan...and was trying harder to remember what belacan in English. I was so eager to find out from the shop owner but I couldn't speak Italian well :(( So while walking around several times at the rack area, I accidentally spotted shrimp paste!!! Automatically I knew it's belacan muahahahaha....nasib baik betul oh!!
After I have satisfied with my shopping, then only I went up to the cashier. Now, I was praying the total of the food I am about to buy won't exceed CHF100 because I only have that cash with me. I usually do not bring lots of cash (there's not much cash to bring around either:p). Normally I would pay by the cash card cum debit cash. Even the price is less than CHF10, I'd rather pay by the debit card. Convenient and easier! but it could be inconvenient if you forget the card which had happened to me before. I was already at the cashier, wanted to pay the things I bought when only I realized the my card was not with me and I didn't have enough CHF cash! Thank God, I have some balance of Euro notes with me from the last trip to Tuscanywith I managed to pay at last!
Well...luckily the stuff I bought were CHF73.95. Phewww... I have enough money :p I was given an empty box to keep the things I bought...there were too many hahaha...I bought with me, belacan, santan powder, oyster sauce, tofu, cili kering, ikan bilis, kangkung, petai, daun pisang (I never bought petai dan daun pisang before in Malaysia haha), curry sachets, ground peanuts, grass jelly (suddenly I wanted to drink 'leong fun susu'), fried onion, ikan masin. keropok udang, rendang paste (from Penang), lengkuas (hahaha...what am I going to do with it...I was thinking to cook something with lengkuas so that was why I bought it but not sure what recipe :p), serai, pandan leaves, 'hamchoi' (betul ka ni spelling...sayur masin :p) and guess what, I even bought korean noodles muahahaha....(I thought I bought tamarind but it was not in the box..lucky enough I have at home). Btw, the reason of buying daun pisang is for the lepat ubi or what Murut call as pagau eekekeke...:p I saw tapioca in Coop, the supermarket in front of my house. I'm gonna get it soon...but I have to get a grater too to grate the ubi kayu!
Finally....I made my nasi lemak yey!!! :D The sambal ikan bilis was not that great (was copying recipe from internet for this - which made me very the hampas haha) but at last I have fulfilled the craving the need to eat nasi lemak so badly :p. I made my sambal ikan bilis with petai..muahahaha...the whole house was full of belacan and petai smell...My air freshener couldn't beat it. I have to use a another spray air freshener! Anyway...I am now content!!! Totally content :D I took for granted while in Malaysia as every time there was the need to have nasi lemak, mamak stall would be the best place...never bother to cook! Now being far away from home 'bekakai' masak sendiri....uwaaaa.......


0 comments: